At Loveland | Grace | Hurley, PLLC we focus on the uniqueness of every client and family and do not impose cookie-cutter solutions. We believe that everyone needs an estate plan regardless of their stage of life, assets owned, or family dynamics.
Estate planning prepares you for the future, so you can enjoy the now.
Estate Planning Process
Through planning for unexpected or undesirable outcomes, we help individuals and families find peace of mind. Our philosophy is that estate planning is an essential way to protect assets and equip families for whatever circumstances may come their way.
Our estate planning process is to listen to our clients and provide them with the information needed to make smart, informed decisions that help them meet their needs and goals. We also don’t view any aspect of estate planning as a one-time transaction.
We hope to become your trusted advisor and develop a long-term professional relationship. Our attorneys and staff are passionate about what they do and strive to assist you, your family, and your future.
Wherever you are in your path in life, Loveland | Grace | Hurley, PLLC is ready to guide you with an estate plan specific to you.
Representative Estate Planning Experience of Our Firm Attorneys
- Designing and preparing core estate planning documents, including Wills, revocable trust agreements, and medical and financial powers of attorney
- Creating Wills and Trusts for married couples in a community property state
- Creating Wills and Trusts for parents with minor children who need to appoint guardians and trustees for their children
- Revocable Living Trusts to avoid probate in multiple states or to provide privacy concerning the distribution of family assets
- Pre-marital agreements for couples who want to avoid Texas community property rules
- Co-habitation agreements for couples living together, but who want to avoid state common law spouse claims
- Revising Wills post-divorce
- Creating Wills with Special Needs Trust provisions for disabled family members, or other special provisions for beneficiaries with mental health or addiction problems
- Advising high net worth clients and family offices on domestic and international income and transfer tax issues, including tax-planned wills and revocable trusts, family entities, grantor retained annuity trusts, irrevocable life insurance trusts, generation-skipping “dynasty” trusts (including Delaware perpetual trusts), charitable remainder trusts and charitable lead trusts
- Providing complex analysis of foreign trusts, foreign holding companies and foreign trust reporting requirements
- Designing, implementing, and monitoring transfer tax minimization and asset protection strategies, including gifts to family trusts, installment sales to grantor trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts, and irrevocable life insurance trusts, including advising clients on the preparation and filing of federal gift tax returns
- Assisting families with the formation of limited partnerships and limited liability companies to own and manage family farms, ranchland, mineral interests, vacation residences, and other family assets
- Designing and implementing business succession plans for families and key employees
- Helping clients protect their privacy through the anonymous acquisition of personal residences and other assets, assist clients making anonymous charitable donations and political contributions
- Structuring charitable gifts in a tax-efficient manner, including the creation and qualification of charitable trusts and private foundations